    Anyone know how I'd write a doctype tag for this?
    The .jar could be moved around on the server as could the .dtd so I
    don't want to write an absolute path in the doctype declaration.

    avishosh, Aug 9, 2004

  2. avishosh wrote:

    > I have a java program that reads it's settings from an .xml config
    > file with a refernce to a .dtd file but I want to store the .dtd in
    > the .jar file with the rest of the programs resources.
    > Anyone know how I'd write a doctype tag for this?
    > The .jar could be moved around on the server as could the .dtd so I
    > don't want to write an absolute path in the doctype declaration.

    What are you using to parse? If you are using SAX then maybe it is
    possible to implement your own org.xml.sax.EntityResolver, at least its
    documentation says

    If a SAX application needs to implement customized handling for external
    entities, it must implement this interface and register an instance with
    the SAX driver using the setEntityResolver method.

    The XML reader will then allow the application to intercept any external
    entities (including the external DTD subset and external parameter
    entities, if any) before including them.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Aug 9, 2004