Reference to class question

Nephi Immortal

Please confirm if my code is valid with no undefined behavior. When
you create data members, any built-in types such as char, int are
always uninitialized until you tell Constructor function to initialize
them.

What about two data members: x and y in Z class? Both x and y are
always initialized automatically with memory address before you call
Constructor function.

Reference is like a pointer to set up memory address. The y in Z
class is always bound to Y class and it can’t be unbound unless you
change from reference to pointer.

struct X
{
X( int _x, int _y ) : x( _x ), y( _y )

~X()

int x;
int y;
};

struct Y
{
Y( X& _x ) : x( _x )

~Y()

X &x; // reference
};

struct Z
{
Z( int a, int b ) : x( a, b ), y( x ) // initialized y( x )

~Z()

X x;
Y y;
};

int main()
{
Z z( 1, 2 );

return 0;

Ian Collins

Please confirm if my code is valid with no undefined behavior. When
you create data members, any built-in types such as char, int are
always uninitialized until you tell Constructor function to initialize
them.

What about two data members: x and y in Z class? Both x and y are
always initialized automatically with memory address before you call
Constructor function.

They aren't initialised with an address, they have an address. They are
part of the Z object.