Referenced DIME attachment

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by David Dundua, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. David Dundua

    David Dundua Guest

    All,

    I am using .NET framework 1.WSE 1sp1. I am trying to send
    referenced DIME attachment (ie using href tag) from
    Apache Axis 1.1 client. I get the following error:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

    <soap:Envelope

    <soap:Body>

    <soap:Fault>

    <faultcode>soap:Client</faultcode>

    <faultstring>Server was unable to read request. -->
    There is an error in XML document (1, 1385). --> The
    referenced element with ID 'uuid:9b83f02a-40ea-4e6e-ae17-
    82285c76ee1d' is located outside the current document and
    cannot be retrieved.</faultstring>

    <detail />

    </soap:Fault>

    </soap:Body>

    </soap:Envelope>

    It is basically complaining that it cant find the
    reference reffered to by href tag. Based on the message
    it seems like its trying to find it inside the SOAP
    envelope (where in fact it should be looking outside).
    When I send an unreferenced attachment everything works
    fine.

    Does anyone have experience with referenced attachment?
    If .NET doesnt support them, how can i retrieve the href
    attribute manually?

    Thanks
    David Dundua
    David Dundua, Jul 23, 2003