    build it, and deploy it, without having to check DLLs into source control.
    Any insights into the subtitles that I missed in how 2005 works now?
    Thanks!

    Luther Miller, Apr 21, 2006

  2. Hi lex,

    Thank you for posting.

    Regarding on the ASP.NET2.0/VS 2005 's project reference problem, it is
    due to the new projectless model for ASP.NET 2.0 application in VS 2005,
    there is nothing you've missed. In the new projectless model, there is no
    project file for ASP.NET 2.0 application and all the private referenced
    assemlies are just put in the "bin" dir, there is not explicit reference
    list on them. And for strong-named reference assemblies, they'll be
    declared in the web.config's

    <compilation><assemblies> .....</ > </> section....

    So if you need to make sure your web application get the referenced
    assemblies correctly, from source control, we need to keep the private
    "bin" dir's content unchanged.

    BTW, the ASP.NET dev team does provide a new project model which use the VS
    2003 like project style, that still use procompiled main assemblies and
    project file. It is still under beta preview, you can find it under the
    following location:

    #Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Projects (RC1)
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/reference/infrastructure/wap/

    http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/12/07/432630.aspx

    Hope this helps.

    Regards,