    namespace is, if that's even what I need to do. I'm also trying to do
    this without pre-compiling the code-behind, but that's not a
    requirement. Thanks.

    Mark Hageman, May 11, 2004

  2. Mark Hageman

    Patrice Guest

    Imports allows to import "NameSpaces" not to reference DLL. AFAIK this is
    actually done by the compiler.

    What is your IDE ? (In VS.NET you'll add a reference to the DLL).

    Patrice, May 11, 2004

  3. Mark Hageman

    Mark Hageman Guest

    I'm sorry; I should have mentioned I'm using WebMatrix. Thanks for your
    help!

    Mark Hageman, May 11, 2004
  4. Mark Hageman

    Patrice Guest

    Ok, I finally saw the DLL is in /bin so AFAIK you shouldn't have to
    reference the DLL.

    You can see the classes with the class browser that comes with WebMatrix.
    These classes are readily available.
    The "Imports" statements will allow just to reference one of these classes
    without having ot use its full name.

    Patrice

    Patrice, May 11, 2004
  5. Mark Hageman

    Mark Hageman Guest

    That makes sense; but now, when I try to invoke a method on the dll, I
    get an "is not defined" error. Here's the code:

    ' MyFax.vb
    '

    Imports System
    Imports System.Web.UI
    Imports System.Web.UI.WebControls
    Imports System.Web.UI.HTMLControls

    Public Class MyFax
    Inherits Page

    Protected WithEvents btnSend as button

    sub Button_Click( s as object, e as eventargs)
    Dim objFaxDocument As New FAXCOMEXLib.FaxDocument
    Dim objFaxServer As New FAXCOMEXLib.FaxServer
    Dim objSender As FaxSender
    Dim JobID As Variant

    'Error handling
    On Error GoTo Error_Handler

    'Connect to the fax server
    objFaxServer.Connect "[servername]"

    'Set the fax body
    objFaxDocument.Body = "c:\Docs\Body.txt"

    'Name the document
    objFaxDocument.DocumentName = "My First Fax"

    'Set the fax priority
    objFaxDocument.Priority = fptHIGH

    'Add the recipient with the fax number
    objFaxDocument.Recipients.Add "5551212", "Jon"

    'Choose to attach the fax to the fax receipt
    objFaxDocument.AttachFaxToReceipt = True

    'Set the cover page type and the path to the cover page
    objFaxDocument.CoverPageType = fcptSERVER
    objFaxDocument.CoverPage = "generic"

    'Provide the cover page note
    objFaxDocument.Note = "Here is the info you requested"

    'Provide the address for the fax receipt
    objFaxDocument.ReceiptAddress = ""

    'Set the receipt type to email
    objFaxDocument.ReceiptType = frtMAIL

    'Specify that the fax is to be sent at a particular time
    objFaxDocument.ScheduleType = fstSPECIFIC_TIME

    'CDate converts the time to the Date data type
    objFaxDocument.ScheduleTime = CDate("4:35:47 PM")

    objFaxDocument.Subject = "Today's fax"

    'Set the sender properties.
    objFaxDocument.Sender.Title = "Mr."
    objFaxDocument.Sender.Name = "Bob"
    objFaxDocument.Sender.City = "Cleveland Heights"
    objFaxDocument.Sender.State = "Ohio"
    objFaxDocument.Sender.Company = "Microsoft"
    objFaxDocument.Sender.Country = "USA"
    objFaxDocument.Sender.Email = ""
    objFaxDocument.Sender.FaxNumber = "5551212"
    objFaxDocument.Sender.HomePhone = "5551212"
    objFaxDocument.Sender.OfficeLocation = "Downtown"
    objFaxDocument.Sender.OfficePhone = "5551212"
    objFaxDocument.Sender.StreetAddress = "123 Main Street"
    objFaxDocument.Sender.TSID = "Office fax machine"
    objFaxDocument.Sender.ZipCode = "44118"
    objFaxDocument.Sender.BillingCode = "23A54"
    objFaxDocument.Sender.Department = "Accts Payable"

    'Save sender information as default
    objFaxDocument.Sender.SaveDefaultSender

    'Submit the document to the connected fax server
    'and get back the job ID.

    JobID = objFaxDocument.ConnectedSubmit(objFaxServer)

    MsgBox "The Job ID is :" & JobID(0)
    Exit Sub

    Error_Handler:
    'Implement error handling at the end of your subroutine. This
    implementation is for demonstration purposes
    MsgBox "Error number: " & Hex(Err.Number) & ", " & Err.Description
    end sub
    End Class

    Mark Hageman, May 11, 2004