Referencing a local file after setting BASE URL

Kevin Morgan

Once I've set the BASE URL tag in the <HEAD> element, how do I then
reference local resources within th html file?

I'm writing a widget that displays the latest posts from a forum on a
remote site. I've set the BASE tag to that site so that the links work
ok. Problem is, I need to include some local images. Is there any way
around this?

Kev

Amos E Wolfe

Kevin Morgan said:
I'm writing a widget that displays the latest posts from a forum on a
remote site. I've set the BASE tag to that site so that the links work ok.
Problem is, I need to include some local images. Is there any way around
this?

Unfortunately BASE can only be specified once in the html document. If the
BASE has been set to something other than the local directory you can access
local files by simply giving the full URL (including the http:// or
whatever) instead of just the "relative" filename.

-=# Amos E Wolfe #=-