referencing and anchor from within a usercontrol (ascx)

gary

Hi,

I am trying to reference an anchor in a user control with a url. This
worked in 1.1 but no longer works in 2.0.

The ascx control is located in a "/include" folder

If you have a hyperlink control and you assign the navigateurl property =
"../#anchor" whereby you want to add this # reference to the current url the
url ends up with the #anchor twice.

In other words, instead of getting:
http://www.myweb.com?somevar=abc#anchor
it renders
http://www.myweb.com?somevar=abc#anchor#anchor

if i leave off the "../" it renders with one "#anchor" but as
http://www.myweb.com/include/#anchor

which is incorrect for what i need to do.

Any ideas why this is coming up twice and how to fix it. I don't want to
have to move the includes out of the include folder and into the root
directory of the web and then have to fix every other locations where they
are referenced with the "../"

Thanks,

Gary

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your posting.
Regarding on this issue, I've noticed your another duplicated thread in the

microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet newsgroup.

I've posted my response there. I'd appreciate if you have a look there.
Also, if you feel it convenient that we continue to discuss in that thread,
please feel free to post there.

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)
| From: "gary" <[email protected]>
| Subject: referencing and anchor from within a usercontrol (ascx)
| Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 16:21:59 -0500
| Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingcontrols,microsoft.public.d
otnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols