referencing another XSD file within an XSD file

JavaDeveloper

Is it possible to reference another XSD file within an XSD file? What I'd
like to do is have a fairly static XSD file which contains an element whose
valid values change often reference a 2nd XSD file which specifies the valid
values for that element. This way I could set up a process that reads the
valid values for the element from a database and then re-create the 2nd XSD
file as needed.

NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam. If this or other posts
made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email (e-mail address removed)

Martin Honnen

Is it possible to reference another XSD file within an XSD file? What I'd
like to do is have a fairly static XSD file which contains an element whose
valid values change often reference a 2nd XSD file which specifies the valid
values for that element. This way I could set up a process that reads the
valid values for the element from a database and then re-create the 2nd XSD
file as needed.

I think you want
<xs:include schemaLocation="include.xsd" />
see
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xmlschema-1-20010502/#element-include

There is also an import feature you can (and need to) use if you want to
use elements from a different namespace.