    doesn't appear.

    Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    Rod

    Rod Snyder, Dec 27, 2004

  2. Hi Rod,

    During development, such as getting IntelliSense support, you should
    reference a copy that you put in another common directory or in each
    project's BIN directory. At runtime, .NET will use the version in the GAC.

    The GAC may look like a regular folder but it doesn't always act like one.

    Ken

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Dec 27, 2004

  3. Rod  Snyder

    Rod Snyder Guest

    Ken:
    Thanks for the response. This does help. I was able to get it strongly named
    and into the gac using the gacutil.exe. However, what is the preferred way
    of handling this on a production server where I don't have the sdk.

    Rod

    Rod Snyder, Dec 28, 2004
  4. Hi Rod,

    On a production server, you should be able to copy a strong-named assembly
    into the GAC using Windows Explorer. Most good setup kits also do an
    installation into the GAC.

    Ken

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Dec 29, 2004