Referencing business objects from another application

Guest

I'm creating a new application that will use/need to refer to some
business objects I have in another separate application. What the best
way to do this?

It appears that adding a reference and pointing to the
INETPUB\WWWROOT\MyOldApplication\MyBusinessObject\Bin\BusinessObjects.dll
of my other application

works and the code compiles but I want to know if this is the right
way of doing this.

I don't want to just duplicate my objects. I'd rather do a reference
except the reference it to another application.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

7078895

John Saunders

SpamProof said:
I'm creating a new application that will use/need to refer to some
business objects I have in another separate application. What the best
way to do this?

It appears that adding a reference and pointing to the
INETPUB\WWWROOT\MyOldApplication\MyBusinessObject\Bin\BusinessObjects.dll
of my other application

works and the code compiles but I want to know if this is the right
way of doing this.

I don't want to just duplicate my objects. I'd rather do a reference
except the reference it to another application.

You probably want to put BusinessObjects.dll into some library directory and
then reference the library directory from your new project. You don't want
to be referencing it from where your old application happens to be located
today. What if it moves?