Referencing external js scripts with Ajax

msch.prv

Hi, I have a series of external js files (tiny mce, ..) and plan on
adding some Ajax (Ajax tool kit) to parts of the site.

Question: Must these js files be embedded in the script manager or can
still they be referenced in a page via the
RegisterClientScriptInclude() method? At present, some files are
registered in the master page's header section but I noticed a sharp
delay at launch time. (Don't know if this is related to the toolkit.).

TIA for any hints.

bruce barker

ClientScriptInclude will include the scripts before the <form>, but not in
the <head>. you shoudl see no performance diff.

if you include the scripts as a resource, then you use the WebResource
attribute to define the resource, and call ClientScript.GetWebResourceUrl to
get the url to pass to ClientScriptInclude.

the ajax web.extensions have a new way to register script resource files.
you implement the IScriptControl interface to define the scripts.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)