Referencing frameset subframe control from opened window

Iver Erling Årva

I have a frameset with a top, left, right and bottom window. From the right
window I call a function that opens a new standalone window (it's a report
preview) on top of the others and from that window I want to update a
statuscontrol in the frameset_right window. Is this possible? How do I do
it? Is the method different depending on wether I use e.g. window.open or
modallessdialog etc.? Is there situations where it isn't possible to access
a window's controls like this?

Thanks!
(e-mail address removed)

VK

<http://www.jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ4_8>

How do I do
it? Is the method different depending on wether I use e.g. window.open or
modallessdialog etc.? Is there situations where it isn't possible to access
a window's controls like this?

If frames contain document from different domains (or different
subdomains of the surrent domain) the only operation which is allowed
is to set (but not read!) frameObject.src property.

Withing the same domain should be no problems.