referencing Framework V1.1 assemblies screwed up Visual Studio??!!!!! Help

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by KK, Feb 23, 2005.

  1. KK

    KK Guest

    Hi

    I have .NET v 1.0 and v 1.1 both installed

    However, in VS.NET default references
    are set to v1.0 assemblies. For a recent
    web application I changed those references
    (ex, System, System.Data, System.xml etc..)
    to the v 1.1 dlls.

    Now I can't view my aspx pages in design
    mode. Also, ASP.NET controls are also
    greyed out. When I restart VS.NET
    Web Controls tab is missing.!!@#!@$@#%

    I think its something to do with my changes
    of references? How can I fix this up?

    rgds
    KK

    KK, Feb 23, 2005

  2. What version of VS.NET are you using? VS.NET versions are tied to a specific
    ..NET version so mixing and matching is going to get you into trouble.

    I'd do a reinstall of VS.NET to get it back in line.

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Feb 23, 2005