Referencing the data within a sqldatasource dataset

Neil

Is it possible to reference the dataset of a sqldatasource from code?
I've looked at the properties for the sqldatasource but don't see
anything obvious.

In particular, I have a bit field in the dataset that identifies if the
user is permitted to make changes to the record. I have what I term
"system defined items" for lookup purposes and these can never be
changed even by the administrator.

I would normally display a bit field as a checkbox but in this instance
would rather display the text 'Yes' or 'No' in a label depending on the
value of the bit field. My thinking was that I could set the text of
the label by looking at the data in the dataset of the sqldatasource.

bcornett

Neil said:
Is it possible to reference the dataset of a sqldatasource from code?
I've looked at the properties for the sqldatasource but don't see
anything obvious.

In particular, I have a bit field in the dataset that identifies if the
user is permitted to make changes to the record. I have what I term
"system defined items" for lookup purposes and these can never be
changed even by the administrator.

I would normally display a bit field as a checkbox but in this instance
would rather display the text 'Yes' or 'No' in a label depending on the
value of the bit field. My thinking was that I could set the text of
the label by looking at the data in the dataset of the sqldatasource.

I have a similar situation. I need to pull out the dataset and pass it
as a parameter to another page. I have tried the ctype and
all.....nothing works. I have read the the dataset is created in
memory and is not accessible. I have asked this question on experts
exchange also. http://www.experts-exchange.com/Web/Q_21734497.html.

Hopefully I will get some input from there. If I do, I will reply.