Refference my current frame

Tim

I recently learned a way to reload a nother frame while my current frame
is loading:
onload='parent.otherFrame.location.href=parent.otherFrame.location.href;
return true;'>

No doubt often very handy, it even works to reload my own frame like this:

onload='parent.myFrame.location.href=parent.otherFrame.location.href;
return true;'>

The problem is that it looks ugly, if I want to reload my frame with
another url, I am sure there is a way that doesn't force me to go
through the parent and the name of the curent frame etc. I am sure there
is some simple trick with
"self.loadurl" or similar

Another question, what do you consider to be the best online Java script
reference for a long time programmer with no Java script experience?
I am not looking for a dummy tutorial but for something easilly
overviewable. Prefferably it should also mention differences between
browsers.

Thanks

Tim