[RefleX] Once Upon A Tag...

Discussion in 'XML' started by Philippe Poulard, Nov 21, 2006.

  1. RefleX 0.2.0 is out !
    and Better Than Ever
    http://reflex.gforge.inria.fr/

    -This new release introduces *XUnit*, a tool that helps to design
    test-suites for programs that are dealing with XML datas. I'll made a
    separate post to present XUnit...

    -One of the most outstanding new feature is the ability to *filter SAX
    streams with XPath patterns* ; you'll find in the tutorial section a
    runnable example where a 15Mo file is connected to a SAX pipeline with a
    rule-based filter...

    -*XInclude and the XPointer framework* are also supported. You can also
    XMLize raw text with a tokenizer or once again thanks to XPath patterns
    (have a look at the tutorials).

    -I also started to write tiny Active Tags applications related to
    XML-oriented Programming : some use cases taken from W3C's "XML
    Processing Model Requirements and Use Cases"
    (http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/docs/langreq.html) intend to proove the
    viability of the engine for various tasks.

    -There are also new ideas such as using XML catalogs as a support for
    resources management ; in RefleX, all the resources expected by the
    engine are declared in Active Catalogs, and custom libraries can be
    declared as-well easily.

    -You'll still find in RefleX some means to define semantic data types
    and Active Schemata, that is to say schemata that have their content
    models dynamic, not static. 2 examples are available in the tutorial
    section : they demonstrate that what you can't express with W3C XML
    Schema nor RelaX NG can be achieved with Active Schema.

    -You can meet me at *<XML 2006>* in Boston, from 5-7 December 2006,
    where I will speak about RefleX and Active Tags.

    Enjoy !

    --
    Cordialement,

    ///