Reforming / Extending System.Resources.ResourceManager

Guest

Have to admit, at first it looked pretty solid: creating a Resources class in
the .NET framework to facilitate encapsualtion of content along culture
lines. But after using it again recently, and considering the more realistic
necessity of keeping content database-driven, I realized there's a need here
for a class with the flexibility to allow for customizable UIs and that the
ResourceManager that ships with .NET isn't particularly useful for this
purpose.

Oh sure, one has "GetObject()", "GetString()", and even "GetResourceSet()".
Unforutnately, with one's resources locked into either sattelite assmblies or
..resource files - one is pretty stuck with static, difficult-to-amend content.

Even more incredible at the moment, is that there's no easy way with the
mecahnisms included with any of the SDKs or other suppliementary materials in
the MSDN library (unless I've missed something) to amend the ResourceManager
in a way that would allow it to treat a datasource as a dynammic ResourceSet.
True, one could try creaitng logic that would amend or create new .resource
files and then compile them somehow at runtime - but this seems very, very
messy.

However, the possibility that third-party products or classes may exist
which do this. If so - hear ye all now - I'm in the market to see one.
Failing that I might have to do what everyone else likely does in this
situation - code one of my own right here in my own silo.

But am hoping someone here can point me in a direction that would lead me to
a ResourceManager-like API that would let me programatically change content.
Assistance/comments appreciated...