    favourites without your knowledge?

    Any help greatly appreciated

    mark

    Mark Barr, Nov 16, 2003

  2. Mark Barr <> wrote:
    > If a website is not capable of adding bookmarks to site in IE then if
    > you had some spyware on your machine could that add bookmarks to yours
    > favourites without your knowledge?

    Since bookmarks are just a collection of files or a document with site
    addresses, adware, spyware, or another dubious program could certainly add
    its own sites to your list. Run Ad-aware to find any suspicious programs.
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/ If you truly never visited any
    of the sites and never accepted the addition of these bookmarks, then one of
    these programs is almost certainly responsible.
    --
    Michael Wilcox
    mjwilco at yahoo dot com

    Michael Wilcox, Nov 16, 2003

  3. Mark Barr

    Wÿrm Guest

    > If a website is not capable of adding bookmarks to site in IE then if you
    > had some spyware on your machine could that add bookmarks to yours
    > favourites without your knowledge?
    >
    > Any help greatly appreciated
    >
    > mark

    as i already earlier said...

    My bet would be that it's more likely some program, trojan, or spyware in
    your system that would have "bookmarked" that place if you have mysterious
    bookmarks.

    AdAware (www.lavasoft.de) and/or Spybot Seek & Destroy
    (http://security.kolla.de) and maybe also Spywareblaster
    http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html just to be sure that in