Refrencing Images

HTML-JSClub

Does this type of commenting happen in every topic or did you all
decide to waste a bunch of your time here writing away at some useless,
off-topic subject?
'Cause this isn't funny; I'm trying to make a website so I can show it
off to interviewers and here you are explaining to me how to properly
quote and a bunch of other stuff not related to this topic or, as a
matter of fact, to this group. There's a whole Google Group called
'miscilaneous' and it's there for a reason.

Random

Richard said:
Random wrote: ....
<snip>

'passive-aggressive' is an interesting label. It is impossible for the
recipient to object to it, or ignore, it without seeming to confirm the
diagnosis; useful when you have nothing but rhetoric to throw at an
argument.

It was really intended to be illustrative to the poster of the message
to which I was replying as well as mildly amusing to myself and others
who can take a little self-deprecating humour. Didn't intend to elicit
a dissertation-- sorry for prompting that much effort (seriously).

And as 'JSClub' has already noted, it wasn't funny either. To each
their own. Apparently it wasn't illustrative, either.

Ah well.

I'll slap my own wrist.

Richard Cornford

HTML-JSClub said:
Does this type of commenting happen in every topic or
did you all decide to waste a bunch of your time here
writing away at some useless, off-topic subject?

It isn't necessarily a waste of time to determine with certainly whether
it is worth anyone's time trying to help someone. Thanks for making that
clear.
'Cause this isn't funny; I'm trying to make a website so
I can show it off to interviewers

You have just made it clear that you cannot take a hint, cannot research
a simple subject for yourself and cannot be warned is as many words, so
you are probably not employable enough to be worrying about interviews.

... . There's a whole Google Group called
'miscilaneous' and it's there for a reason.

What does google have to do with Usenet?

Richard.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Richard said:
[explanation]

While this is/was certainly completely off-topic, I cannot resist to
congratulate you on this one in public. Well done, I could not have
explained it any better. Despite what anybody else may state about
it, it was more than worth reading, even for a regular.

Sometimes I think we need more of this in the FAQ, but then, as you
already pointed out, many people still don't bother to read the FAQ.
It's a chicken-and-the-egg problem that sometimes makes me wonder if
one should just earn something like a Usenet driver's license before
being allowed to post to a Usenet newsgroup.

Regards,

PointedEars

HTML-JSClub

I see that there is some kind of joined forum thing between Usenet and
Google, cause I'm reading and replying to your messages using Google
Groups. Appearantly most of you are using Usenet.

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

HTML-JSClub said:
I see that there is some kind of joined forum thing between Usenet and
Google, cause I'm reading and replying to your messages using Google
Groups. Appearantly most of you are using Usenet.

More precisely: Google has an interface to Usenet. You too are using
Usenet. Where many of us are using dedicated news client programs,
you are using a news client that runs through a browser. The end
result is the same, you can read and post messages to Usenet groups.

With that in mind, using Google Groups is no excuse for not following
Usenet etiquette ... which includes quoting selected parts of the
message you are replying to in order to give your message context :)

Good luck :)
/L

Randy Webb

HTML-JSClub said:
I see that there is some kind of joined forum thing between Usenet and
Google

No there is not.
cause I'm reading and replying to your messages using Google
Groups.

Yep, you can read/post to Usenet using Google Groups. But Google Groups
is but an archive/interface to Usenet, it is not an independent forum.
Had you read the FAQ, which has been recommended to you more than once,
you would know this.
Appearantly most of you are using Usenet.

So are you, you just chose a crappy interface to try to use it from.