Refrerring back to main window from search panel after using Target = '_search'

Pealy

I have a link in my asp page which opens another page in the IE search
panel. This page is a long list (obout treeview) and I'd like clicking
on a node to open a page in the main window, leaving the serach panel
intact.

Everything I do seems to open the page in the search window where the
click happened. I'm new to ASP so I'm using very basic stuff, I'm
assuming the Target tag is the thing I need to get right?

The nodes include the html href='clickapage.aspx' target='_top' but
I've tried all the values I know of in place of _top (_blank, _parent,
_self ) and tried removing the target tag altogether - nothing opens
the page in the correct window.

Can anyone help?

Alan Howard

It sounds like something you'll need to use client-side script to do.
Perhaps if you use Javascript's window.open method to open the node-list
page from your first page, you can get a reference to the parent using the
window.opener method and change its window.location property (to open page
for the node that was clicked in the node-list page). Anyway, I think it's a
client-side issue so you'll be better off in a Javascript group (I won't
even comment on the .aspx).

Alan