refresh a page every so often

Laszlo Szijarto

I want to refresh the text of a label box, say, every second. Is there a
way to maintain some kind of persistent connection to the server and the
codebehind in order to pull this off or am I forced to use some ugly
client-side page-refresh scription?

Thank you for any advice,
Laszlo

Marina

You might be able to use something like XmlHttp, to do a call to a page from
client side javascript.

Another option, is to place the label on its own page, in an iframe. And
refresh the page in the iframe ever X seconds. This will have minimal
flashing, and will probably be barely noticeable.

Steve C. Orr, MCSD

You are forced to use some ugly client side page refresh, unless you use
another ugly option such as hosting a special ActiveX control on your page
that can handle a more complex (persistent) network connection.

Laszlo Szijarto

Thank you both. I'll check into the XML HTTP stuff. Or I may just have to
go the way of using an embedded ActiveX-like control.

Thanks again,
Laszlo

--
Laszlo Szijarto
Software Engineer

NOTICE: The information contained in this E-mail and any attachments is
subject to Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and must be handled in
accordance with its EAR classification. If its EAR classification is not
specified, the information contained in this E-mail and any attachments
should not be disseminated to any non-U.S. person because the appropriate
EAR classification may be more restrictive than "Public Domain."