    database. Is there anyway of stopping this happening? From client-side
    script, how can we detect that the "Refresh" button is click? thanks a
    lot.
    Andy, Dec 1, 2006

  2. Andy

    Mike Brind Guest

    "Andy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My application is written in .NET (C#) with the inline Edit mode from
    > DataGrid. When a SAVE button is pressed it will perform a action on the
    > database either to add, edit or delete data that a user has entered.
    > When the refresh button is pressed at the top of the page the same
    > exact data is re-submitted again resulting duplicate transaction in the
    > database. Is there anyway of stopping this happening? From client-side
    > script, how can we detect that the "Refresh" button is click? thanks a
    > lot.

    This group covers classic asp. ASP.NET is a totally different technology and
    has its own group: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.

    Mind you, a google search of 'datagrid prevent duplicate insert' would be a
    quicker route to a solution.

    Here - I've done it for you:
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=datagrid prevent duplicate insert&btnG=Google Search&meta=

    --