Refresh button.

John Blair

Hi,

During a postback is there anyway of knowing for sure if it was due to the
user hitting the Refresh button?

Thanks.

Peter Rilling

You will probably need to handle this yourself like keep track of when
something has been posted.

What I usually do is to do a Redirect back to the page so that there is no
form data to send back when refreshing the page.

John Blair

Thanks for the feedback, but once the user hits the Refresh button on the
browser as far as im aware the next time you have code control is in the
server page_load/page_init event - so i dont see any scope for doing a
redirect?

The postback data arrives as per the previous postback prior to doing the
refresh. Hence my problem with knowing if the refresh button was hit or not?