    This code does not refresh:
    <% Response.AddHeader "Refresh", "1140;URL=page.asp" %>

    Is there a limit on how many seconds I can use?

    Ted Dawson, Jan 29, 2008

  2. Ted Dawson

    CB Guest

    You could check the page source of the resulting web page to see if an
    appropriate meta-refresh tag is being written into the page. If not, you
    could always just write it out by hand instead of using the AddHeader method
    (response.write("<meta http-equiv=""refresh""
    content=""1140;URL=whatever"">"))

    Keep in mind also that the browser also has a say independent of your code,
    and every browser could be different regarding whether it has a bug or
    deliberately ignores very long refresh times and what the limit is.

    CB, Jan 31, 2008

  3. Ted Dawson

    Ted Dawson Guest

    > You could check the page source of the resulting web page to see if an
    > appropriate meta-refresh tag is being written into the page. If not, you
    > could always just write it out by hand instead of using the AddHeader
    > method
    > (response.write("<meta http-equiv=""refresh""
    > content=""1140;URL=whatever"">"))
    >
    > Keep in mind also that the browser also has a say independent of your
    > code,
    > and every browser could be different regarding whether it has a bug or
    > deliberately ignores very long refresh times and what the limit is.

    Good plan, good insight... thanks!

    Ted Dawson, Feb 1, 2008