Refresh limit?

Ted Dawson

This code refreshes correctly:
<% Response.AddHeader "Refresh", "5;URL=page.asp" %>

This code does not refresh:
<% Response.AddHeader "Refresh", "1140;URL=page.asp" %>

Is there a limit on how many seconds I can use?

CB

You could check the page source of the resulting web page to see if an
appropriate meta-refresh tag is being written into the page. If not, you
could always just write it out by hand instead of using the AddHeader method
(response.write("<meta http-equiv=""refresh""
content=""1140;URL=whatever"">"))

Keep in mind also that the browser also has a say independent of your code,
and every browser could be different regarding whether it has a bug or
deliberately ignores very long refresh times and what the limit is.

Ted Dawson

You could check the page source of the resulting web page to see if an
appropriate meta-refresh tag is being written into the page. If not, you
could always just write it out by hand instead of using the AddHeader
method
(response.write("<meta http-equiv=""refresh""
content=""1140;URL=whatever"">"))

Keep in mind also that the browser also has a say independent of your
code,
and every browser could be different regarding whether it has a bug or
deliberately ignores very long refresh times and what the limit is.

Good plan, good insight... thanks!