Refresh one of multiple datagrid's on a timed basis - can it be done?

James Radke

Hello,

I am building a web page that has three datagrids in it. One of those
datagrids holds data from a table that can be added to/modified from another
screen. Is there a good way to, on a timed basis, refresh ONLY this one
datagrid so that it will automatically show new items added to the list from
the other source without the user having to submit the page?

I would be interested in hearing how others have done this or any ideas for
it!

I have been wondering if a separate web user control which contained only
the one datagrid would help at all.....

Jim

Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]

Hi James,

Thanks for posting in this group.
If one of your datagrid want to retrieve data from server side, all the
page's content will be post back to the server.
So there is no way to only postback one datagrid.
If you really want to avoid posting back to server, you can retrieve all
the data content while first loading the page. Then you can use output the
dataset or database content to the client side table. Use
RegisterClientScriptBlock to register javascript to client side, which
manipulate the data containning table(You generated from database) into the
datagrid table.

For more information about register client script, please refer to the
article below:
http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/Article/E626DFF6-E3CA-481E-8BEB-B06CB91C1622.dc
ik

Hope this helps,