    Popup / User Control?

    Thank You

    Peter
    Peter, Nov 11, 2008

  2. Peter

    bruce barker Guest

    this need to be done in javascript. you can call routine in the
    window.opener to do a postback.

    a better design would be to use a floating div instead of a new window.
    then list could be updated with a simple postback.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Nov 12, 2008

  3. Peter

    Peter Guest

    "bruce barker" <> wrote in message
    > this need to be done in javascript. you can call routine in the
    > window.opener to do a postback.
    >
    > a better design would be to use a floating div instead of a new window.
    > then list could be updated with a simple postback.
    >
    > -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
    >
    > Peter wrote:
    >> ASP.NET 3.5
    >>
    >> I have a web page and this web page has a DataList, when user hovers the
    >> mouse over a picture in the datalist a popup appers, this popup is a User
    >> Control and it has a cancel button. After the user clicks on the cancel
    >> button I want the DataList to refresh its self. How can I do that - how
    >> can I tell the DataList or the parent web page to refresh it's self from
    >> the Popup / User Control?
    >>

    >> Thank You
    >>

    >> Peter

    I've tried window.location.reload();
    which works, but it refreshes the entire window and I would like to refresh
    only the UpdatePanel where the DataList resides?

    Is there a way to do that?
    Peter, Nov 12, 2008
  4. Hi Peter,

    To refresh the UpdatePanel we need to get the UpdatePanel client id first.
    You can view source of the page at client side to find it. Then we can
    call this function in JavaScript to refresh the UpdatePanel:

    __doPostBack("UpdatePanel_ClientID","args here. You can pass any strings");

    Please have a try and let me know if it works.

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    .

    --------------------

    Allen Chen [MSFT], Nov 13, 2008
  5. Peter

    Peter Guest

    "Allen Chen [MSFT]" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Peter,
    >
    > To refresh the UpdatePanel we need to get the UpdatePanel client id first.
    > You can view source of the page at client side to find it. Then we can
    > call this function in JavaScript to refresh the UpdatePanel:
    >
    > __doPostBack("UpdatePanel_ClientID","args here. You can pass any
    > strings");
    >

    > Please have a try and let me know if it works.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Allen Chen
    > Microsoft Online Support

    > .

    > Note: MSDN Managed Newsgroup support offering is for non-urgent issues
    > Engineer within 2 business day is acceptable. Please note that each follow
    > that require urgent, real-time or phone-based interactions. Issues of this
    > nature are best handled working with a dedicated Microsoft Support
    > Engineer
    > by contacting Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) at
    > rights.
    > --------------------
    > | From: "Peter" <>
    > | Subject: Re: Refresh Trigger
    > | Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 09:59:26 -0600
    > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    > |

    > | "bruce barker" <> wrote in message
    > | > this need to be done in javascript. you can call routine in the
    > | > window.opener to do a postback.
    > | >
    > | > a better design would be to use a floating div instead of a new
    > window.
    > | > then list could be updated with a simple postback.
    > | >
    > | > -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    > the
    > User
    > cancel
    > how
    > from

    > | I've tried window.location.reload();
    > | which works, but it refreshes the entire window and I would like to
    > refresh
    > | only the UpdatePanel where the DataList resides?
    > |
    > | Is there a way to do that?

    Thank You !

    That works!
    Peter, Nov 13, 2008