    Any help and direction would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Rob
    Rob & Hayley, Nov 20, 2004

  2. in alt.html, Rob & Hayley wrote:
    > Hello all, I was curious if there was a code for an HTML refresh?

    There is no HTML code for refresh.

    > I wanted
    > to ensure that anyone accessing the info on the site had the latest info
    > each visit.

    How often your content changes? Automatic reload is only useful, if your
    content changes every 5-10 minutes or so and it makes sence for user to
    get reloaded content.

    > Just a one time refresh.

    That is quite stupid idea. First someone comes to your site, waits it to
    load, and when it is loaded, it starts loading again. You are not looking
    refresh.

    > Any help and direction would be appreciated.
    > Thanks

    Send correct last modified header from server. Most likely your server
    already does that, unless you have done some really stupid...
    http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/

    Lauri Raittila, Nov 20, 2004

  3. Rob & Hayley wrote:

    > Hello all, I was curious if there was a code for an HTML refresh?

    -You could use some JavaScript and call it in <body>.

    -You could also use a refresh metatag, but I don't know about global browser
    support for this.

    > I wanted
    > to ensure that anyone accessing the info on the site had the latest info
    > each visit. Just a one time refresh.

    I think most browsers (should) check if the current page on the server is
    newer -- that is -- before using cache. Again, I can't be completely sure.

    --
    Roy Schestowitz
    http://schestowitz.com
    Roy Schestowitz, Nov 20, 2004