Refresh

Rob & Hayley

Hello all, I was curious if there was a code for an HTML refresh? I wanted
to ensure that anyone accessing the info on the site had the latest info
each visit. Just a one time refresh.

Any help and direction would be appreciated.
Thanks
Rob

Lauri Raittila

in said:
Hello all, I was curious if there was a code for an HTML refresh?

There is no HTML code for refresh.
I wanted
to ensure that anyone accessing the info on the site had the latest info
each visit.

How often your content changes? Automatic reload is only useful, if your
content changes every 5-10 minutes or so and it makes sence for user to
get reloaded content.
Just a one time refresh.

That is quite stupid idea. First someone comes to your site, waits it to
load, and when it is loaded, it starts loading again. You are not looking
refresh.
Any help and direction would be appreciated.
Thanks

Send correct last modified header from server. Most likely your server
already does that, unless you have done some really stupid...
http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/

Roy Schestowitz

Rob said:
Hello all, I was curious if there was a code for an HTML refresh?

-You could use some JavaScript and call it in <body>.

-You could also use a refresh metatag, but I don't know about global browser
support for this.
I wanted
to ensure that anyone accessing the info on the site had the latest info
each visit. Just a one time refresh.

I think most browsers (should) check if the current page on the server is
newer -- that is -- before using cache. Again, I can't be completely sure.