    anyone know how to do this?

    Thanks,
    Jim.

    Jim Hudd, Sep 25, 2004

  2. Jim Hudd

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Jim Hudd wrote:
    > I've a page with 3 frames; banner across the top, menu on the left
    > and main frame as the rest. After navigating into the site a bit,
    > hitting refresh always bring the site back to the initial page,
    > presumably because the frameset page is being refreshed rather than
    > the pages within the frame

    Normal frame behavior.
    Other problems
    - visitors will find orphaned pages (without menu) after a search in Google
    - You cann't refer to a specific page

    > What I'd like to have happen is just the page in the main frame
    > refresh - anyone know how to do this?

    Dump the frame. To include the menu on every page for example it's nothing
    more than <? include "menu.htm"; ?> on every page
    (if your webserver supports PHP)

    Good luck!

    --
    Nico
    www.nicoschuyt.nl

    Nico Schuyt, Sep 25, 2004

  3. Jim Hudd

    Karl Groves Guest

    "Jim Hudd" <> wrote in message
    > I've a page with 3 frames;

    I'm sorry to hear that.

    -Karl

    Karl Groves, Sep 27, 2004
  4. Jim Hudd

    Dan Abrey Guest

    "Karl Groves" <> wrote in message

    > "Jim Hudd" <> wrote in message
    > > I've a page with 3 frames;

    > I'm sorry to hear that.

    Okay, might have had a moan at you in another thread, but I give, that's
    pretty funny ;-)

    Dan Abrey, Sep 27, 2004