Refreshing a frames page

Jim Hudd

I've a page with 3 frames; banner across the top, menu on the left and main
frame as the rest. After navigating into the site a bit, hitting refresh
always bring the site back to the initial page, presumably because the
frameset page is being refreshed rather than the pages within the frame

What I'd like to have happen is just the page in the main frame refresh -
anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
Jim.

Nico Schuyt

Jim said:
I've a page with 3 frames; banner across the top, menu on the left
and main frame as the rest. After navigating into the site a bit,
hitting refresh always bring the site back to the initial page,
presumably because the frameset page is being refreshed rather than
the pages within the frame

Normal frame behavior.
Other problems
- visitors will find orphaned pages (without menu) after a search in Google
- You cann't refer to a specific page
What I'd like to have happen is just the page in the main frame
refresh - anyone know how to do this?

Dump the frame. To include the menu on every page for example it's nothing
more than <? include "menu.htm"; ?> on every page
(if your webserver supports PHP)

Good luck!