    itself when I delete a record?

    Thanks,

    -dmd-
    Mac Davis, Dec 20, 2003

  2. Mac Davis

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Mac Davis wrote:
    > I have an application that displays messages that are stored in SQL
    > server The application uses frames
    >
    > In the vertical frame along the left side of the page, I enumerate the
    > current messages. This frame is named "SELECT"
    > Clicking on a message subject causes
    >
    > In the main frame, named "BODY" I display the message that is
    > retrieved from SQL Server in a textarea.
    > When a message is displayed, I also display a prompt ro delete the
    > message.
    >
    > The delete prompt works just fine except that I need a way to update
    > the enumeration of messages in the "SELECT" frame.
    > Is there a practical way to force the page in the select frame to
    > refresh itself when I delete a record?

    There's no way to do it via asp (asp code processes at the server, which
    knows nothing about frames.), but it is certainly possible using client-side
    dhtml script.

    Please follow-up on a client-side scripting group (look for groups with
    "dhtml" in their names - also, the two .scripting.* groups will handle
    client-side code questions) and provide a little more detail: specifically,
    the "prompt" code.

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET