Refreshing calling aspx page

David C

I have an aspx page with a GridView that has an onclick attribute added to a
LinkButton. The onclick calls the following Javascript function that opens
a new window to edit information:

function openTask(id, coid)
{
var surl = "TaskEdit.aspx?id=" + id + "&coid=" + coid;
void
window.open(surl,null,"height=400,width=600,status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no");
return false;
}

I would like to refresh (DataBind?) that GridView on the calling page when
the called page (TaskEdit.aspx) is closed. I tried using Page.PreviousPage
etc. but that did not work. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks.

David

Alex Meleta

Hi David,

Put "parent.refresh(); self.close()" in popup window. Or, change the url
of parent form to refresh.

Regards, Alex
[TechBlog] http://devkids.blogspot.com