    How can i solve this problem?

    Regards
    Jackfadd

    Jack, Oct 4, 2006

  2. Jack

    Tim_Mac Guest

    hi Jack,
    do you have AutoPostBack = true on the DropDownList?
    do you have a SelectedIndexChanged event handler on the DropDownList?
    what is your code in the SelectedIndexChanged event handler?
    how are you presenting the crystal report to the user?

    i'm happy to help but you'll have to give us a few hooks to understand what
    is going wrong :)

    tim

    Tim_Mac, Oct 4, 2006

  3. Jack

    Jack Guest

    Hello,
    Thanks for the help....

    Following is my full code...

    Pls help me..

    Imports System.Data
    Imports System.Data.Odbc

    Imports CrystalDecisions.Shared
    Imports CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine
    Public Class WebForm5
    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
    Private ConnStr As String
    Private Conn As System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection
    Private Comm As System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand
    Private DataAdpt As System.Data.Odbc.OdbcDataAdapter
    Private DataRead As System.Data.Odbc.OdbcDataReader
    Dim MyReport As New ReportDocument
    'Dim MyReport As New CrystalReport1

    Protected WithEvents Label1 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label
    Private LogInfo As New TableLogOnInfo

    InitializeComponent()

    End Sub
    Protected WithEvents lstPO As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList
    Protected WithEvents CrystalReportViewer1 As
    CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer
    Protected WithEvents Button1 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button

    Designer.
    'Do not delete or move it.

    System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Init
    InitializeComponent()
    End Sub

    #End Region

    System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
    ConnStr = "DSN=TGGSYSTEMDSN;Driver={Microsoft ODBC for
    ORACLE};Server=TGG.world;Uid=CS22USER;Pwd=CS22USER;"
    Conn = New Odbc.OdbcConnection(ConnStr)
    Conn.Open()

    If Me.IsPostBack = False Then
    FillPOList()
    End If
    End Sub
    Private Sub FillPOList()
    lstPO.Items.Clear()

    Dim SelectSQL As String
    SelectSQL = "Select DISTINCT K_PO_NUM FROM PO_DETAILS"

    Dim Conn As New Odbc.OdbcConnection(ConnStr)
    Dim Comm As New Odbc.OdbcCommand(SelectSQL, Conn)

    Try
    Conn.Open()
    DataRead = Comm.ExecuteReader()
    Do While DataRead.Read
    Dim Newitem As New ListItem
    Newitem.Text = DataRead("K_PO_NUM")
    lstPO.Items.Add(Newitem)
    Loop
    DataRead.Close()
    Catch ex As Exception

    Finally
    If (Not Conn Is Nothing) Then
    Conn.Close()
    End If
    End Try
    End Sub

    System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

    Dim USERID As String = "CS22USER"
    Dim PW As String = "CS22USER"

    If (Not Me.IsPostBack) Then
    MyReport.SetDatabaseLogon(USERID, PW)
    Else
    Session("MyReport") = MyReport
    MyReport.Load("C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TGG\CrystalReport4.rpt")
    MyReport.SetDatabaseLogon(USERID, PW)
    MyReport.DataDefinition.RecordSelectionFormula =
    "{PO_DETAILS.K_PO_NUM}= '" & lstPO.SelectedItem.Value & "'"
    CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = MyReport
    End If
    End Sub

    End Class

    Jack, Oct 6, 2006
  4. Jack

    Tim_Mac Guest

    hi Jack,
    for one thing, you have some code that makes no sense:

    If (Not Me.IsPostBack) Then
    MyReport.SetDatabaseLogon(USERID, PW)
    Else

    if you have a Button click event handler, then it will always be a postback.
    so you should remove that code.

    also, i think you have to call .DataBind() on the report viewer.
    hope this helps
    tim

    Tim_Mac, Oct 6, 2006
  5. Jack

    Jack Guest

    Hello Tim,
    Thanks for the help...

    You gave me a wonderful tip and with that I could make it work fine...

    Now iam struck with double byte character display and printing of the report
    direclty from CR..

    Do you have any idea how to rectify the above said problems?

    Regards
    Jack

    Jack, Oct 11, 2006
  6. Jack

    Tim_Mac Guest

    hi Jack,
    i don't know what a double byte character is. sorry mate!

    Tim_Mac, Oct 11, 2006
  7. Jack

    Jack Guest

    Hello Tim,
    Sorry friend , I think my question was not clear to you...

    I wanted to display report in Japanese i mean to say the datas that are
    stored in Oralce9i database are in Japanese and I wanted to display them as
    it is...

    This is my problem...

    Regards
    Jack

    Jack, Oct 12, 2006
  8. Jack

    Tim_Mac Guest

    hi Jack,
    i also don't know much about character encoding problems with crystal
    reports.
    i'd say you'd have better luck starting a new thread.
    good luck
    tim

    Tim_Mac, Oct 12, 2006