Refreshing Javascript Menu in Frame

dawaves

Hello,
I'm new to javascript so bear with me....
I have a t-based frame site with my javascript-based menu on the left
hand frame (ie NavFrame) with its submenus showing up on the right side
frame (ie BodyFrame). Everytime I click on a submenu to show files in
the body frame, the left frame menu stops being dynamic or clickable.
Any ideas?

I put this piece of code in the NavFrame page:

<script type='text/javascript' src='VerticalFrames_var.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='menu131_com.js'></script>

I am using http://www.burmees.nl/menu/menus.htm as a guide to help me.
But I do not see any fix under the FAQ section. I've tried emailing
him/her but no response yet.

Daniel Park
Jr. Web Developer
In-n-out Burger

Random

Hard to say without more information, i.e. relevant code snippets.

Can you provide a link to the pages you're building?

Off-hand, I'd say check for script errors in Moz' JavaScript console.
Also check the lower-left corner of IE for a yellow triangle with a
black exclamation point. If there is one, double-click it to see the
errors.

dawaves

Thanks for Replying!

here is what my main framesite page looks like:

<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>

<frameset rows="100,*" cols="*" frameborder="yes" border="1"
framespacing="1">
<frame src="./tabframe.htm" name="topFrame" scrolling="NO" noresize >

<frameset rows="*" cols="167,*" framespacing="1" frameborder="yes"
border="1">
<frame src="./navigation.htm" name="leftFrame" scrolling="NO"
noresize>
<frame src="./body.htm" name="mainFrame">
</frameset>
</frameset>
<noframes><body>

Here is what my navigation.htm looks like:

<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
charset=iso-8859-1">

</head>

sans-serif"></font>
<script type='text/javascript' src='VerticalFrames_var.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='menu131_com.js'></script>

Do I need to add some code into "VerticalFrames_var.js" or
"menu131_com.js" for the menu to continue working after I've clicked on
the submenus? I figure it's like a refresh of the navigation Frame that
I need. Any thoughts? Thanks!