Refreshing the cache in web farming environment

Harsh Trivedi

I have some confusion over refreshing the cache in web farming
environment.

We have two sites: 1) Admin site 2) Client Site

We are maintaining many things in cache. Out of which one is say for
example for 'Top-5 Item' Control we are maintaining.

When admin site updates the price of any item from Top-5 Item Control,
it should be reflected immedietly in Client Site.

Now, my Admin site address is, http://sitenameadmin.com/ and my Client
site name is http://Sitename.com. Both are configured separatly in the
IIS, as two web sites.

Earlier, what I have done is...I have made one web service page at
client site. So when admin updates anything from Top-5 item control,
it will call the web service of Client site, and pass the CacheID, as
input parameter. Client site web service is delete that cache, and
will refill it.

It all works OK till this.

Now the problem scenario arise...Client has now asked us to deploy the
client site (only client site) in web farming environment.
He will create four server, on which we need to deploy our
application. In the above scenario, I feared that the solution will
not
going to work. Because, if admin site calls web method it is not
confirmed that cache from all web server will be refreshed.

The URL of the site will be http://Sitename.com, and network load
balancer will transfer the request to any one of server behind the
farm.

This is the detail senario, of my problem.

I am confuse on how to call diffrent servers in a farm one by one, or
how to add the address in the web.config file.

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello Harsh,

I'd consider using the Cache with SQL based dependencies (SQL server should
be a part of farm)

google to find samples or see MSDN

---
WBR,