Refreshing using code behind on web page

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Doogie, May 8, 2007.

  1. Doogie

    Doogie Guest

    Hi,
    I'm trying to set up a refresh of some of the data on a page and am
    using this:

    This works great with one exception. I only want to refresh one grid
    on the page, not the entire page. I have the values I don't want to
    refresh in the "is not page.postback" if statement, but because that
    line is apparently doing an entire refresh of the page, the if
    statement doesn't behave like I'd like and all my other data gets
    refreshed too.

    How do I set it up so a page is "refreshed" but does not act like a
    post back so I can refresh just what I want? I would prefer to avoid
    doing this in javascript if I could.
    Doogie, May 8, 2007

  2. Doogie wrote:

    > This works great with one exception. I only want to refresh one
    > grid on the page, not the entire page. I have the values I don't
    > want to refresh in the "is not page.postback" if statement, but
    > because that line is apparently doing an entire refresh of the
    > page, the if statement doesn't behave like I'd like and all my
    > other data gets refreshed too.

    One possibility: Use an IFRAME to contain your grid. Put the META refresh in
    that document only.

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, May 8, 2007

  3. Doogie

    Doogie Guest

    I'll give that a try...that sounds like a great idea. Thanks!
    Doogie, May 8, 2007