    Any help is much appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Keer.
    Kerri, Oct 26, 2003

  2. Kerri

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Kerri wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an ASP Page where a user can update their account
    > info.
    >
    > Having updated their account details I do a
    > Response.Redirect to the same page in order to refresh the
    > details.

    So page A submits data to page B which redirects back to page A?

    > However, I want to display a message on the page that
    > their account has been updated successfully.

    You can use a querystring in the redirect url to signal page A to display
    the message.

    > How can I do this and also refesh the page without
    > clearing the message?

    I don't understand, when page A submits data to page B, page A is no longer
    "active" in the browser. When you do the redirect, page A is automatically
    "refreshed".

    HTH,
    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows, Oct 26, 2003

  3. Kerri

    Dan Brussee Guest

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 09:22:35 -0500, "Bob Barrows"
    <> wrote:

    >Kerri wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have an ASP Page where a user can update their account
    >> info.
    >>
    >> Having updated their account details I do a
    >> Response.Redirect to the same page in order to refresh the
    >> details.

    >So page A submits data to page B which redirects back to page A?

    I imagine the OP will clear this up, but I think they are posting to
    the same page. Page A submits data to Page A along with the new data.
    This is quite common of course. If I understand the question, then
    where you would want to place the message, do the same test as you did
    at the top of the ASP section to determine if this is an update or
    not. If it is an update (data has just been updated) then show the
    message.

    This would also be a good place to display any error messages or
    validation exceptions that you have caught on the server side.
    Dan Brussee, Oct 26, 2003