Refresjing an ASP Page

Kerri

Hi,

I have an ASP Page where a user can update their account
info.

Having updated their account details I do a
Response.Redirect to the same page in order to refresh the
details.

However, I want to display a message on the page that
their account has been updated successfully.

How can I do this and also refesh the page without
clearing the message?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Keer.

Bob Barrows

Kerri said:
Hi,

I have an ASP Page where a user can update their account
info.

Having updated their account details I do a
Response.Redirect to the same page in order to refresh the
details.

So page A submits data to page B which redirects back to page A?
However, I want to display a message on the page that
their account has been updated successfully.

You can use a querystring in the redirect url to signal page A to display
the message.
How can I do this and also refesh the page without
clearing the message?

I don't understand, when page A submits data to page B, page A is no longer
"active" in the browser. When you do the redirect, page A is automatically
"refreshed".

HTH,
Bob Barrows

Dan Brussee

So page A submits data to page B which redirects back to page A?

I imagine the OP will clear this up, but I think they are posting to
the same page. Page A submits data to Page A along with the new data.
This is quite common of course. If I understand the question, then
where you would want to place the message, do the same test as you did
at the top of the ASP section to determine if this is an update or
not. If it is an update (data has just been updated) then show the
message.

This would also be a good place to display any error messages or
validation exceptions that you have caught on the server side.