reg: creation of web.xml file in tomcat

ashutosh

can anybody tell how to write web.xml file in tomcat easily. or is
there
is any tool for that? i have to write this web.xml file for my lim
folder saved in webapps so that i can access servlet stored in it.

can anybody tell me the simplest web.xml code. and the tips to alter it
according to requirement.

Wendy S

ashutosh said:
can anybody tell how to write web.xml file in tomcat easily. or is
there
is any tool for that? i have to write this web.xml file for my lim
folder saved in webapps so that i can access servlet stored in it.

Look in the examples that came with Tomcat, and see if you can adapt it to
what you need. Don't change the order of the tags, for example all the
<servlet> tags come before all the <servlet-mapping> tags.

Actually, the DTD is full of comments and is a pretty good guide to writing
a web.xml.

And of course the Servlet Specification has all of the information you need,
just pick the version that corresponds to your version of Tomcat.