Reg: "pattern match read eof" error

Dinakar

Hi,
I am using the Telnet module for Cisco Routers Testing Automation.
Recently i am facing an issue with it on one machine. Script is
quitting the execution printing "pattern match read eof at line 3030".
Code at line 3030 is "$session->cmd("exit")".
Here i am exiting from Cisco Router to the Solaris machine.
The same code is working fine in other solaris machines. It is
giving the warning "pattern match read eof at line 3030" to the command
"$session->cmd("exit")". But it is not quitting the execution.
Please give me your suggestions regarding this error.

Regards
Dinakar

Eric R. Meyers

Dinakar said:
Hi,
I am using the Telnet module for Cisco Routers Testing Automation.
Recently i am facing an issue with it on one machine. Script is
quitting the execution printing "pattern match read eof at line 3030".
Code at line 3030 is "$session->cmd("exit")".
Here i am exiting from Cisco Router to the Solaris machine.
The same code is working fine in other solaris machines. It is
giving the warning "pattern match read eof at line 3030" to the command
"$session->cmd("exit")". But it is not quitting the execution.
Please give me your suggestions regarding this error.

Regards
Dinakar

You have not provided the code context of the error, so it's difficult to
guess, but you made need something like 'while( !eof() ){...}' or 'last if
eof();' in your processing loop. If everything else is configured the
same, then you may want to remove and replace components on that machine to
identify what hardware may be broken or misconfigured.

Charles DeRykus

Dinakar said:
Hi,
I am using the Telnet module for Cisco Routers Testing Automation.
Recently i am facing an issue with it on one machine. Script is
quitting the execution printing "pattern match read eof at line 3030".
Code at line 3030 is "$session->cmd("exit")".
Here i am exiting from Cisco Router to the Solaris machine.
The same code is working fine in other solaris machines. It is
giving the warning "pattern match read eof at line 3030" to the command
"$session->cmd("exit")". But it is not quitting the execution.

I'd guess the "exit" terminates the Cisco login session so your
Net::Telnet instance no longer finds a prompt and complains.

(In the future, you need to include a minimal amount of code to
demo the problem and provide some context so problems can be
spotted.)