    following error msg..." Not enough memory"
    wat does it mean? how to get rid of this situaiton?
    plz help me out!

    Harsh_forC, Dec 29, 2005

  2. Harsh_forC

    Jordan Abel Guest

    On 2005-12-29, Harsh_forC <> wrote:
    > hello folks,
    > when i'm using 'System' funtion in TC, perror function is outputting
    > the
    > following error msg..." Not enough memory"
    > wat does it mean? how to get rid of this situaiton?

    Buy more memory, probably

    Please provide more details, such as some actual code

    Jordan Abel, Dec 29, 2005

  3. Harsh_forC

    SM Ryan Guest

    "Harsh_forC" <> wrote:
    # hello folks,
    # when i'm using 'System' funtion in TC, perror function is outputting
    # the
    # following error msg..." Not enough memory"
    # wat does it mean? how to get rid of this situaiton?
    # plz help me out!

    Is this one of those systems that reserve all available memory
    to the one running program?

    --
    SM Ryan http://www.rawbw.com/~wyrmwif/
    Elvis was an artist. But that didn't stop him from joining the service

    SM Ryan, Dec 29, 2005
  4. Harsh_forC

    Madhav Guest

    Jordan Abel wrote:

    > On 2005-12-29, Harsh_forC <> wrote:
    > > hello folks,
    > > when i'm using 'System' funtion in TC, perror function is outputting
    > > the
    > > following error msg..." Not enough memory"
    > > wat does it mean? how to get rid of this situaiton?

    > Buy more memory, probably

    Please put some code to help us sorting out your problem.

    Are you using Turbo C IDE? If you are, then in that case this message
    will be flashed. Try quiting the IDE and run the program from outside.

    Madhav.

    Madhav, Dec 29, 2005
  5. "Harsh_forC" <> writes:
    > when i'm using 'System' funtion in TC, perror function is outputting
    > the
    > following error msg..." Not enough memory"
    > wat does it mean? how to get rid of this situaiton?

    There is no "System" function in standard C. Do you mean the "system"
    function? (I'm not just being picky; "System" and "system" could be
    two distinct functions.)

    Keith Thompson, Dec 29, 2005
  6. Harsh_forC

    Chuck F. Guest

    Harsh_forC wrote:

    > when i'm using 'System' funtion in TC, perror function is
    > outputting the following error msg..." Not enough memory" wat
    > does it mean? how to get rid of this situaiton? plz help me out!

    I would strongly suspect it means that there is not enough memory
    available to do what you want.

    Chuck F., Dec 29, 2005
  7. Hi,

    Please send us the code snippet you are tring to execute.

    ENOMEM normally comes when the new process requires more memory than it
    is currently available. May be one option is to try executing the light
    process in system(..) and after that see you get the same error.

    HTH
    Rahul

    Rahul Chandok, Dec 29, 2005
  8. Harsh_forC

    Mike Wahler Guest

    "Harsh_forC" <> wrote in message
    > hello folks,
    > when i'm using 'System' funtion

    There is no function 'System' in standard C. I'll assume
    you mean 'system'.

    > in TC, perror function is outputting
    > the
    > following error msg..." Not enough memory"
    > wat does it mean?

    It means there's not enough memory available to your program
    to perform whatever operation it requested. What is that
    operation and how much memory does it need? We'll never
    know unless you post your code.

    >how to get rid of this situaiton?

    Either reduce the amount of memory required by your
    'mystery' operation (how? : change the code); or:

    Provide enough memory to meet its existing requirements
    (how?: this will depend upon your system. With a multitasking
    system, perhaps simply terminating some other processes
    will suffice. Changing your code so it doesn't use as much
    memory in other places might free up enough. And there's
    always the option of installing more physical memory (but
    how or whether this actually increases the memory available
    to your program is system dependent.)

    > plz help me out!

    Please be specific when asking for assistance here.

    -Mike

    Mike Wahler, Dec 30, 2005