    I've tried out System.IO.Compression namespace..but it writes the content into
    bytes which I dont need..I need the files to unzipped to a new folder..

    HOw can I acheive it..are there any third party dlls for it..any samples

    AVL, Apr 3, 2008

  2. Are you trying to open a zip file or a compressed folder. These are two
    different things. If it's a zip file, then you can use a third-party zip
    component to open the zip file and extract whatever is in there (file or
    folder, it doesn't really matter). A good free one is the SharpZipLib over
    at: http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SharpZipLib/

    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick
    Microsoft MVP - Expression

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Apr 3, 2008

  3. AVL

    Hans Kesting Guest

    AVL was thinking very hard :
    > Hi
    > I've a requirement wherein I need to unzip a zipped folder programatically
    > in .net.
    > I've tried out System.IO.Compression namespace..but it writes the content
    > into bytes which I dont need..I need the files to unzipped to a new folder..
    >
    > HOw can I acheive it..are there any third party dlls for it..any samples

    The Compression namespace can only handle single files compressed with
    the "gzip" algorithm, which differs from the "zip" algorithm.

    Try SharpZipLib: http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SharpZipLib/

    Hans Kesting

    Hans Kesting, Apr 3, 2008