reg zip file

AVL

Hi
I've a requirement wherein I need to unzip a zipped folder programatically
in .net.
I've tried out System.IO.Compression namespace..but it writes the content into
bytes which I dont need..I need the files to unzipped to a new folder..

HOw can I acheive it..are there any third party dlls for it..any samples

Mark Fitzpatrick

Are you trying to open a zip file or a compressed folder. These are two
different things. If it's a zip file, then you can use a third-party zip
component to open the zip file and extract whatever is in there (file or
folder, it doesn't really matter). A good free one is the SharpZipLib over
at: http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SharpZipLib/

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - Expression

Hans Kesting

AVL was thinking very hard :
Hi
I've a requirement wherein I need to unzip a zipped folder programatically
in .net.
I've tried out System.IO.Compression namespace..but it writes the content
into bytes which I dont need..I need the files to unzipped to a new folder..

HOw can I acheive it..are there any third party dlls for it..any samples

The Compression namespace can only handle single files compressed with
the "gzip" algorithm, which differs from the "zip" algorithm.

Try SharpZipLib: http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SharpZipLib/

Hans Kesting