    SCJ Programmer?
    Or I should add some more certifications to it?

    Please give me a good advise.

    Sree, May 8, 2006

  2. Sree

    James McGill Guest

    On Sun, 2006-05-07 at 22:14 -0700, Sree wrote:

    > But some say that it is waste to take that exam because most of the
    > points that we cover
    > while preparing for the exam are not used in the real practise.

    How can the "real practice" possibly be harmed by a deeper understanding
    of the language?

    Regardless, it's much more important to understand the problem domain
    (business, engineering, genetics, gameplay, whatever you're going to be
    developing for) than it is to understand every detail of a programming
    language.

    James McGill, May 8, 2006

  3. Sree

    chris brat Guest

    Hi,

    I did the SCJP exam specifically to learn the language (I didnt have
    much experience with JAVA before) and it has definitely helped me and
    made me feel more confident.

    I can't say that having the certification on your CV will help you; it
    depends on the company and the agents that you use to find a job (not
    everyone knows what an SCJP is and some are more interested in years
    experience or Tertiary qualifications).

    I like to think that having the certification on my CV means that a
    possible employer will give it a second look because it shows that you
    are making an effort to enrich your skill set and knowledge.

    Chris

    chris brat, May 8, 2006