Regarding BEEP (Blocks Extensible Exchange Protocol)

Ravi Shankar

Hi all,

This is to ask a technical question, regarding BEEP or Blocks Extensible
Exchange Protocol. I have read in Oreilly's "Web Services Essentials" (By
Ethan Cerami) book that SOAP over BEEP is highly efficient that SOAP over
HTTP. So if I am thinking of implementing Web Services gateway in my
company, is it better to use SOAP over HTTP? Does that bring any
disadvantages? Will it happen later that , say since HTTP is not supported,
our framework could not be used for a thirdparty implementation? Please
elaborate your thoughts on the issue which would help me accelerate my
decision, thanks.

Best regards,

Ravi