regarding compiling the Python 2.7 and 3.3 with mingw

G

ginzzer

Hi all,
For some reason, I have to develop my software with mingw under windows. First of all, I need python installed in the msys but I try all my ways to install 2.6.x, 2.7.x, 3.2.x and 3.3.0, no one succeed. I search all issues and google the related information online, it seems that it doesn't support python on mingw? But what stranger is there are a few posts here with the patch presented, so is there any way to make the source compiled in mingw? I try all the available patches but again, it didn't solve the problem. Here are the error messages when I try to compile the 3.3.0 in mingw,

./configure ---> no problem
make ---> errors shown below
Objects/exceptions.c:2527:5: error: 'EALREADY' undeclared (first use in this function)
Objects/exceptions.c:2527:5: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
Objects/exceptions.c:2528:5: error: 'EINPROGRESS' undeclared (first use in this function)
Objects/exceptions.c:2529:5: error: 'EWOULDBLOCK' undeclared (first use in this function)
Objects/exceptions.c:2532:5: error: 'ESHUTDOWN' undeclared (first use in this function)
Objects/exceptions.c:2536:5: error: 'ECONNABORTED' undeclared (first use in this function)
Objects/exceptions.c:2538:5: error: 'ECONNREFUSED' undeclared (first use in this function)
Objects/exceptions.c:2540:5: error: 'ECONNRESET' undeclared (first use in this function)
Objects/exceptions.c:2557:5: error: 'ETIMEDOUT' undeclared (first use in this function)
make: *** [Objects/exceptions.o] Error 1

I then try compiling the version 2.7.3, different errors were shown while 'make'

./Modules/posixmodule.c:6151:5: warning: implicit declaration of function 'wait'[-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
./Modules/posixmodule.c: In function 'posix_fdopen':
./Modules/posixmodule.c:6751:9: warning: implicit declaration of function 'fcntl' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
./Modules/posixmodule.c:6751:27: error: 'F_GETFL' undeclared (first use in this function)
./Modules/posixmodule.c:6751:27: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
./Modules/posixmodule.c:6753:23: error: 'F_SETFL' undeclared (first use in this function)
./Modules/posixmodule.c: In function 'posix_pipe':
./Modules/posixmodule.c:6816:5: warning: implicit declaration of function 'pipe' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
./Modules/posixmodule.c: At top level:
./Modules/posixmodule.c:671:1: warning: 'posix_fildes' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
./Modules/posixmodule.c:7480:1: warning: 'conv_confname' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
./Modules/posixmodule.c:8387:1: warning: 'setup_confname_table' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
make: *** [Modules/posixmodule.o] Error 1

I highly appreciate it if you could show me any hints in compiling the
python in mingw.

E

erikj

Hi,

have you been able to resolve this issue for 3.3 ? I've arrived
at the same point after applying the patches mentioned here :

http://bugs.python.org/issue3754

and creating a custom site.config

Thx,

Erik

Hi all,

For some reason, I have to develop my software with mingw under windows.. First of all, I need python installed in the msys but I try all my ways to install 2.6.x, 2.7.x, 3.2.x and 3.3.0, no one succeed. I search all issues and google the related information online, it seems that it doesn't support python on mingw? But what stranger is there are a few posts here with the patch presented, so is there any way to make the source compiled in mingw? I try all the available patches but again, it didn't solve the problem. Here are the error messages when I try to compile the 3.3.0 in mingw,

Objects/exceptions.c:2527:5: error: 'EALREADY' undeclared (first use inthis function)

Objects/exceptions.c:2527:5: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in

Objects/exceptions.c:2528:5: error: 'EINPROGRESS' undeclared (first usein this function)

Objects/exceptions.c:2529:5: error: 'EWOULDBLOCK' undeclared (first usein this function)

Objects/exceptions.c:2532:5: error: 'ESHUTDOWN' undeclared (first use in this function)

Objects/exceptions.c:2536:5: error: 'ECONNABORTED' undeclared (first use in this function)

Objects/exceptions.c:2538:5: error: 'ECONNREFUSED' undeclared (first use in this function)

Objects/exceptions.c:2540:5: error: 'ECONNRESET' undeclared (first use in this function)

Objects/exceptions.c:2557:5: error: 'ETIMEDOUT' undeclared (first use in this function)

I then try compiling the version 2.7.3, different errors were shown while'make'

./Modules/posixmodule.c:6151:5: warning: implicit declaration of function 'wait'[-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

./Modules/posixmodule.c:6751:9: warning: implicit declaration of function 'fcntl' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

./Modules/posixmodule.c:6751:27: error: 'F_GETFL' undeclared (first usein this function)

./Modules/posixmodule.c:6751:27: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in

./Modules/posixmodule.c:6753:23: error: 'F_SETFL' undeclared (first usein this function)

./Modules/posixmodule.c:6816:5: warning: implicit declaration of function 'pipe' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

./Modules/posixmodule.c:671:1: warning: 'posix_fildes' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]

./Modules/posixmodule.c:7480:1: warning: 'conv_confname' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]

./Modules/posixmodule.c:8387:1: warning: 'setup_confname_table' definedbut not used [-Wunused-function]

python in mingw.

E

erikj

Hi,

have you been able to resolve this issue for 3.3 ? I've arrived
at the same point after applying the patches mentioned here :

http://bugs.python.org/issue3754

and creating a custom site.config

Thx,

Erik

Hi all,

For some reason, I have to develop my software with mingw under windows.. First of all, I need python installed in the msys but I try all my ways to install 2.6.x, 2.7.x, 3.2.x and 3.3.0, no one succeed. I search all issues and google the related information online, it seems that it doesn't support python on mingw? But what stranger is there are a few posts here with the patch presented, so is there any way to make the source compiled in mingw? I try all the available patches but again, it didn't solve the problem. Here are the error messages when I try to compile the 3.3.0 in mingw,

Objects/exceptions.c:2527:5: error: 'EALREADY' undeclared (first use inthis function)

Objects/exceptions.c:2528:5: error: 'EINPROGRESS' undeclared (first usein this function)

Objects/exceptions.c:2529:5: error: 'EWOULDBLOCK' undeclared (first usein this function)

I then try compiling the version 2.7.3, different errors were shown while'make'

./Modules/posixmodule.c:6751:27: error: 'F_GETFL' undeclared (first usein this function)

./Modules/posixmodule.c:6753:23: error: 'F_SETFL' undeclared (first usein this function)

./Modules/posixmodule.c:8387:1: warning: 'setup_confname_table' definedbut not used [-Wunused-function]

python in mingw.

Ask a Question