    advance.

    Best regards,
    Ravi

    Ravi Shankar Nair, Jun 26, 2006

  2. Ravi Shankar Nair

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "Ravi Shankar Nair" <> wrote in message
    news:e7opi5$b3l$...
    > Dear all,
    >
    > In our application, we need to create very complex menus:- top level in
    > the browser, followed by a bottom level, when you click on any of the
    > first level items(dynamic), and then third level, which will have again
    > sub menus. Basically it is an n-tree, not a binary tree. Is there any
    > commercial or open source tools/menu builders by which I can have the
    > creation of such menus based on a configuration file? It would be nice, if
    > I can specify the position of the menus as well in that configuration
    > file.
    >
    > Further, if I select a menu going through all heirarchies mentioned above,
    > then the page may contain some buttons, whose positions and
    > enabled/disabled flag also need to be configured.
    >
    > Any one used such a complex architecture? If so, please help, and thanks
    > in advance.
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Ravi

    You mention application and web browser in the same post. Is this an
    application, an applet, a JSP page or something else?

    - Oliver

    Oliver Wong, Jun 26, 2006

  3. Hi Oliver, Smith,

    Not sure why you are not getting the idea. By menu, I mean the different
    menu items that can be seen in web sites/web pages. The menus which when you
    click, will take you to another page etc etc.

    Thanks and regards,
    Ravi

    Ravi Shankar Nair, Jun 27, 2006
  4. Ravi Shankar Nair

    Timo Stamm Guest

    Ravi Shankar Nair schrieb:
    > Hi Oliver, Smith,
    >
    > Not sure why you are not getting the idea. By menu, I mean the different
    > menu items that can be seen in web sites/web pages. The menus which when you
    > click, will take you to another page etc etc.

    You mean links?

    Timo Stamm, Jun 27, 2006
  5. Ravi Shankar Nair

    > Hi Oliver, Smith,
    >
    > Not sure why you are not getting the idea. By menu, I mean the different
    > menu items that can be seen in web sites/web pages. The menus which when
    > you click, will take you to another page etc etc.

    The term "menu" could ambiguously also refer to, for example, the
    javax.swing.JMenu class or java.awt.Menu class, which are part of J2SE,
    which is part of J2EE.

    Anyway, I strongly suspect you DO mean dynamically generating <A
    HREF="foo.html"> tags from an XML configuration file or something like that.
    That being said, I don't know of any package which can read your mind, and
    generate HTML which perfectly fits the layout of the page surrounding the
    menu. Like I said, post a mockup screenshot of what you want. Are you gonna
    be using frames? Is the menu easily isolatable in a <DIV> or <TABLE> tag, or
    is it gonna be mixed in with the content? How is the hierarchy going to be
    represented? Does clicking on a super-menu take you to a new page, or does
    it trigger DHTML/JavaScript to make submenus visible?

    - Oliver

    Oliver Wong, Jun 28, 2006