Regarding core dump

invincible

hi, assume my program is running , is there a way I can dump its core
in solaris, in linux i think u can use gcore

Mohan

grid

invincible said:
hi, assume my program is running , is there a way I can dump its core
in solaris, in linux i think u can use gcore

Mohan
This question has nothing to do with C.Please find an appropriate
newsgroup from comp.Unix.*.

<OT>
Solaris also does have the gcore utility , at least on my box running
Solaris 8.
Also if you have a system that supports the SIGABRT signal,then you can
send the process a SIGABRT signal like , kill -SIGABRT pid , to dump a
core of the process.

Also you might require the ulimit utility to have the coredump size
limit parameter to an enough value ( or make it unlimited)to dump the
core properly.

</OT>

Regards,