    hi, assume my program is running , is there a way I can dump its core
    in solaris, in linux i think u can use gcore

    Mohan

    invincible, Apr 5, 2005

  2. invincible

    grid Guest

    invincible wrote:
    > hi, assume my program is running , is there a way I can dump its core
    > in solaris, in linux i think u can use gcore
    >
    > Mohan

    This question has nothing to do with C.Please find an appropriate
    newsgroup from comp.Unix.*.

    <OT>
    Solaris also does have the gcore utility , at least on my box running
    Solaris 8.
    Also if you have a system that supports the SIGABRT signal,then you can
    send the process a SIGABRT signal like , kill -SIGABRT pid , to dump a
    core of the process.

    Also you might require the ulimit utility to have the coredump size
    limit parameter to an enough value ( or make it unlimited)to dump the
    core properly.

    </OT>

    Regards,

    grid, Apr 5, 2005