Regarding EJB accessing a database

Discussion in 'Java' started by Ravi Shankar, Jun 21, 2004.

  1. Ravi Shankar

    Ravi Shankar Guest

    Hi all,

    Please help:)

    I have a TaskManager class which is running as a timer, say every minute.In
    evenry minute, the TaskManager instantiates an EJB which makes a connection
    to the database and brings a file name which then will be loaded.When I run
    the application, I log the time in which timer is executed, and I see that
    the timer executes every one minute for some time and then suddenly there is
    a delay of 4-5 minutes.Again the timer comes back to normal and executes for
    sometime, again delays for 5-6 minutes. This happens sometimes, or not at
    all.

    What I am presuming is that when EJB is making a database connection using
    connection pool (we use WebLogic) , at a particluar time, EJB is not able to
    make a connection since all other connections may be in use and so waits for
    the next connection to be released.

    So by increasing the number of connections and no of EJBs will the problem
    be solved, please advise and thanks a lot for your time.

    Best regards,
    Suja

    Ravi Shankar, Jun 21, 2004