Regarding EJB accessing a database

Ravi Shankar

Hi all,

Please help:)

I have a TaskManager class which is running as a timer, say every minute.In
evenry minute, the TaskManager instantiates an EJB which makes a connection
to the database and brings a file name which then will be loaded.When I run
the application, I log the time in which timer is executed, and I see that
the timer executes every one minute for some time and then suddenly there is
a delay of 4-5 minutes.Again the timer comes back to normal and executes for
sometime, again delays for 5-6 minutes. This happens sometimes, or not at
all.

What I am presuming is that when EJB is making a database connection using
connection pool (we use WebLogic) , at a particluar time, EJB is not able to
make a connection since all other connections may be in use and so waits for
the next connection to be released.

So by increasing the number of connections and no of EJBs will the problem
be solved, please advise and thanks a lot for your time.

Best regards,
Suja