    was just wondering in what way has this got to do with Heap name, is
    there any relation with heap data structure???

    , Dec 17, 2006

  2. pete Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > It is very much known that dynamically allocated memory is stored in
    > heap and stays till it is deallocated
    > or till the program terminates. I
    > was just wondering in what way has this got to do with Heap name, is
    > there any relation with heap data structure???

    A heap is something less rigidly organized than a stack.

    Followup To: comp.programming

    --
    pete

    pete, Dec 17, 2006

  3. In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    > It is very much known that dynamically allocated memory is stored in
    >heap and stays till it is deallocated or till the program terminates.

    Only in some implementations. Other implementations do it differently.
    C itself places no restrictions that -require- using a heap: all that
    it requires is that there be -some- way of getting memory parceled out
    on demand. It could even be memory pre-allocated to the process instead
    of memory that rows with need.

    Walter Roberson, Dec 17, 2006
  4. writes:
    > It is very much known that dynamically allocated memory is stored in
    > heap and stays till it is deallocated or till the program terminates. I
    > was just wondering in what way has this got to do with Heap name, is
    > there any relation with heap data structure???

    They're two different things, but your question would be more
    appropriate in comp.programming.

    Keith Thompson, Dec 17, 2006