regarding hosting asp.net websites

Jeff

Hey

A friend of mine has an idea for a website. Originally he wants to develop
it using PHP because then he have to pay less (compared to hosting an as.net
website) for hosting the website... But it takes much more time to develop
the website using PHP compared to asp.net... So now he wants to do it
asp.net 2.0, if he only could find a company which hosts asp.net webpages
and annual fee is about the same for hosting PHP pages.

what hosting company do you recommend?

Mark Fitzpatrick

Brinkster.com is pretty cheap and not bad. I use CrystalTech for most of my
sites now. They have good prices and great support.

Scott Roberts

Why do so many hosting providers (our current one included) offer Gigabytes
of web space and a paltry 100-200 Megabytes of database storage?

Scott M.

I don't know why you think that php hosting is cheaper than ASP .NET
hosting. I just think that your friend hasn't looked around very much.
Here's an excellent provider that has a good plan starting at 8.95 a month.

www.alentus.com

Mark Rae [MVP]

Why do so many hosting providers (our current one included) offer
Gigabytes of web space and a paltry 100-200 Megabytes of database storage?

I guess that's what the majority of their customers want...

HostingUK offer additional data storage fairly cheaply...