    Thanks,
    Sumanth.
    , Jan 24, 2007

  2. dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > I hope someone can clear my doubt. This is regarding the
    > downloadable files. I want to provide few downloadable files and
    > instead of storing just the url's, I am storing the files in my remote
    > folders in the hosting environment and want to give a link from the
    > front end of the application so that user can download them. But I
    > checked out that javascript: window.open can open only url's but not
    > these folders that I have outside my application.
    > Please let me know how do I redirect/connect/link from my
    > application to these files and make them available for users on one
    > click.
    >
    > This is critical for my work! Any help is useful.

    Any help? OK...

    You can put the downloadable docs and pdfs and .ppt and whatever
    you want in a folder on your server. You can provide a simple
    link to these items by normal html anchor. You can tell or not
    tell your readers to click once, twice or right or control click
    and save or whatever. The fact is that some people with some
    browser set ups can click once and see some things right there in
    their browsers, others will have an app like Adobe Reader get
    triggered and file opens in that app outside browser, others need
    to save it to disk and open it separately. I don't know anything
    about all the other stuff you mention.

    You can see one example of what I am talking about at

    <http://tvrs.org.au/docs/docs.html>

    This may or may not be helpful to you or give you ideas.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jan 24, 2007