Regarding Network Card Details

sreekanth.ramakrishnan

Hi all,

I am facing a problem. I want to fetch network Adapter/Interface/Card
details like name of the device the MAC address. Apart from this I want
to disable/enable the state of the Network Adapater everything
programatically thro' JAVA. If not possible then how to do this part.

Regards
Sreekanth Ramakrishnan

Roedy Green

I am facing a problem. I want to fetch network Adapter/Interface/Card
details like name of the device the MAC address. Apart from this I want
to disable/enable the state of the Network Adapater everything
programatically thro' JAVA. If not possible then how to do this part.

getting the MAC is coming in Java 1.6. Other than that in is JNI and
a lot of work tracking down how you want to do what you want on each
platform in C. You would be amazed the futzing about you need to do
get the MAC in Windows.

An alternative if you have only a little to do is spawn native
utilities and capture output.