    'C' background

    regards
    , Jul 18, 2006

  2. Alan Silver Guest

    In article <>,
    writes
    >hi
    >
    >i know only programming language 'C' & with my civil engineering
    >background i got a job in a software company which develops civil
    >specific softwares
    >
    >here i require the knowledge of VB,VC++
    >
    >Out of these two can you please tell me, learning which language will
    >be advantageous & learning which language will be easier for me with
    >'C' background

    VC++ is just Microsoft's implementation of C++, so if you already know
    C, you shouldn't have too much trouble picking up VC++. VB is an
    entirely different language, much simpler, but different.

    I don't know if you realise and were just not specific, but both VC++
    and VB are outdated now. They have been replaced by .NET versions of the
    same language. I wouldn't waste time learning the pre.NET versions as
    they are a dwindling requirement in the marketplace.

    HTH

    --
    Alan Silver
    Alan Silver, Jul 18, 2006

  3. I know this wasn't on your list, but C# will probably be the easiest with
    your background.
    Otherwise, C++/CLI (the newest version of VC++) will be nearly as easy.
    --
    David Anton
    www.tangiblesoftwaresolutions.com

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgQW50b24=?=, Jul 18, 2006
  4. Alan Silver Guest

    In article <>, David
    Anton <> writes
    >I know this wasn't on your list, but C# will probably be the easiest with
    >your background.
    >Otherwise, C++/CLI (the newest version of VC++) will be nearly as easy.

    I was going to suggest C#, but he mentioned he's working in a company
    that appears to require VB or VC++. That could restrict him.

    --
    Alan Silver
    Alan Silver, Jul 18, 2006